Skylar, who has reached the tender age of 13, turned country. I was afraid when we moved to Georgia this could happen. I should have seen the warning signs:
- Increased use of the word “ya’ll” in regular vocabulary
- Enjoying the vocal stylings of people who wear belt buckles and boots
- Eye rolls and groans when pop music plays in the car or his sister’s room
- Heated debates over the quality of lyrics in the aforementioned pop music
- Turning his safari-type hat into a make-shift cowboy-type hat
But, tell me, how could I possibly be mad at the kid when he looks this cute in a *real* cowboy hat??
I mean, seriously… how cute is he, ya’ll?
(who else, other than me, remembers that song?)