I still had sugarplums dancing in my head!

What time did my darling, precious little pumpkins wake up on Christmas morning? What time did I start hearing them creeping (pounding) down the hallway? What time did my parents also wake up and decide to start singing Jingle Bells outside my bedroom door?

That would be 5:00am. FIVE-A-M.

Girl: “Mommy, it’s Christmas morning!”

Me: “No, it’s still Christmas Eve.”

My Mom, the “instigator,” said that she never made her children go back to bed if they got up too early on Christmas Morning. I replied, “No Mom, you’d just make us sit in front of the tree and wait.” (my sister and I would have had time to scope out all the gifts, count them making sure we each had an equal amount, and rearrange the loot in the stockings by the time they got out of bed)

Okay, fine… five am. My Dad made the coffee and the kids bounced off the ceiling and floor of the house like ping-pong balls waiting not-so patiently to open their presents. (they obviously didn’t need the coffee)

Proof of Santa – full stockings:

My kids know they need to sit in front of the tree for a picture before they open anything. (we have gifts under the tree for all the cousins from us and my parents – not all for my kids – they wish!)

The best part was seeing their expressions as they opened their gifts. Skylar begged and begged us to get him this particular tent for his bed. What he didn’t know was that Noni and Grandpa were going to get it for him:

And Mack jumped up when she saw that Noni and Grandpa had gotten her High School Musical 2: Extended Edition!

My Dad cracked up over the gift from my Mom. It’s a ball cap with their house number embroidered on the front – a family joke about how many times he’s got the number posted outside their house. (the mailbox, the gate, the pole next to the mailbox, etc) Now he’s got it on a hat too.

We were done opening presents at 6:45am. Somehow I managed to stay awake until 10:30ish. I couldn’t take the fake cutesy banter between Regis and Kelly on the Disney Christmas Parade show. <<gag>> 

I fell asleep and napped until 1pm. A glorious cozy nap while everyone else was awake. The kids were involved in their new stuff, movies were on the TV, and I was warm and snug in my bed. Ahhhh…

After dinner my sister-in-law and her family came over for dessert. It’s too bad we didn’t have enough for everyone. (cough)

Note to self: the ‘honey balls’ taste the best on Day One.

Merry Christmas!


About jensmack

Non-Profit HR Director, Scrapbooker, Reader, TV Lover, and Crafter. Also, Neurotic, Sarcastic, Anxiety-filled Mom of Three.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to I still had sugarplums dancing in my head!

  1. rhonda says:

    Jordan woke up at 2:00!!! I had to make hiim go back to sleep…only after he was allowed to go see if Santa left a note. lol Everyone woke up at 6:00 a.m. so that wasn’t so bad. I took a three-hour nap afterwards =] I love Christmas day.

    Glad you guys had a wonderful day. The food looks SOOOo yummy in your pic.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s