- Crocheting – I’m having real trouble with the scarf I’m making. I’ve unraveled it about four times trying to make it all look straight & not like a lightning bolt. Anyone want a pink lightning bolt looking scarf?
- Walking and Chewing Gum at the same time – not a huge surprise – I trip over molecular particles.
- Fitting in –It’s come to my attention that I am the only Democrat on my Executive Committee. Imagine – a presidential election approaching and I’m the only sane one in the group. (ha!) Oh – and I’m a fan of the NY Yankees. Another strike against me. (there are two Boston Red Sox fans on the EC – there’s just no accounting for taste)
- Playing the saxaphone –What a mistake that was – I needed to just stick to the flute. (a really difficult couple of weeks in highschool. The guy who ended up sitting next to me hated me after that. Can’t say as I blame him.)
- Video Games – I can’t play those games where you have to run and jump and shoot and get out of the way of things that are trying to destroy you. I just can’t. I believe this is a direct result of my second bullet point.
- Patience – I have very little of this. I try, I really do. I know that I’m impatient so I’ve come to terms with it, but I still struggle every day.
I’m really okay with all of those things. (well, except for the crocheting – that’s realllllly starting to piss me off) I don’t mind these shortcomings. And I’m positive there are plenty more that I haven’t listed. I’ve accepted the fact that I am different. I’m not always in the majority & that’s okay. I like having different view points. I laugh at the fact that I’m a klutz. (laugh at yourself before someone laughs at you)
Right now, I’m really having a challenging time finding balance in my life. That’s what I am sucking at right now. Every minute. Work is kicking my butt – it’s so incredibly challenging. (note to self: salary increase is needed) I’m dealing with issues I’ve never dealt with before… times 100.
How do you balance the good with the bad? Work and personal? ‘Cause I have no idea.
Funny – my sweet assistant just now asked me how I was doing. We had some time to vent and share. And then I told her how last night after dinner I was sitting on the deck with a glass of wine watching the sun go down… talking to the husband about how I was feeling and getting a bit teary-eyed. (had an emotional conversation with my Mom right before) All of a sudden the little girl walks out on the deck, sticks out her tongue and starts dancing. How can you not smile and laugh at that? I realized that no matter how sad or how stressed I am, I do have plenty of other things to be thankful for. I mean, I was sitting out on a deck drinking a glass of wine. I was surrounded by green trees and birds chirping. Not too shabby.
Maybe that’s the balance? Focusing on those things more than the rest of it? It’s hard.
Meantime… I’m trying to find the balance between scrapping and crocheting.