We drive a Subaru Outback and there was not enough room in the trunk for our tiny suitcase and ALL the stuff my MIL had for the kids. Seriously.
Unfortunately *cough* we had to leave the life-size Darth Vader helmet with voice changer behind. I’m really disappointed about that. (not) Do not fret – the ginormous Tie Fighter did fit… and so did all of the action figures. I didn’t even know that my son was so into Star Wars.
The little girl loves her Cinderella castle. It’s already set up in the living room. This morning, my husband noticed that all three dolls were laying at the bottom of the stairs. The boy says, “That’s because we were pretending they fell down the stairs of the castle.
That’s what you get when you play dolls with your older brother, I guess.
On another note:
This week is going to be B-U-S-Y.
- The last day of school is Friday. For some reason, I decided that I just had to make those cute little altered lunch boxes for the kids’ teachers. WTF was I thinking? That’s THREE lunchboxes.
- My assistant’s last day is Friday. Today he trained me in payroll. Lordy. It wasn’t pretty. There’s a reason I do not work in Accounting. I hate numbers, spreadsheets and using calculators with paper that shoots out of the top of them. (my brain is all clouds and rainbows and swirlies and pink) Poor Calvin – he’s probably glad he’s leaving after trying to teach me payroll. It was so traumatic for me that it forced me to get a snickers bar out of the vending machine. Yes, forced. Oh – and as soon as Julie is all trained in it, I plan on dumping all this information OUT of my brain. I may even burn my notes while doing a tribal dance of joy.
- Still working out the logistics of my kids Winter Break. Plans changed when my assistant gave his notice… just timing is all. So now I’m shuffling schedules & begging friends and family to take a day or two with my little angels. That’s right… you heard me… they’re ANGELS. (especially to those of you who are helping me out)
- Mom is OUT of the hospital and into a Rehabilitation Center. She was in a room with three other people, one phone and one TV that was constantly playing some religious shows. She was nota happy rehabilitator. I believe she is getting her own room today & will *knock on wood* only be there for a week *fingers crossed*. She’s not in Orlando anymore either. She’s about an hour north of here.
- Have two more projects to do for Serendipity Scrapbook Designs. Milissa has been so kind and understanding with my Mom being in the hospital. The kit is awesome & I’ve been so upset that I haven’t had the chance to play more! I’m going to try to get more done TONIGHT.
That’s my week – in a nutshell.
Better start practicing my tribal dance too…