I’m back from my trip to Milwaukee, dontcha know?! I had a wonderful time! Milwaukee was a great city for us to play in for a couple of days. Here is what I learned while I was there:
- People in Minnesota like to say “dontcha know?” a lot.
- Irish pubs are a great place to spot guys with kilts… and guys dressed like women.
- It’s COLD there.
- I’m *very* funny in Minnesota. I like to think that the cold weather kept my jokes fresh. (ba-dump-bump-ching!)
- The Milwaukee Brewers baseball team got their name because of all the breweries located in the city. (yes, this was the first time it occurred to me)
- The Miller Brewery tour is free and they give you free beer. That is a good thing. Did I mention the free beer? Three mugs of free beer.
- When told by your friends that you were going to be leaving the above-mentioned brewery, I can chug a mug of beer in just a few seconds. (hey – it was free & I wasn’t the only one who did this)
- When a clown invites you to a street festival and tells you it’s going to be great, don’t believe him. Clowns lie.
- Cab drivers are very competitive. (ours won)
- Irish pub waitresses are very sassy & aren’t afraid to put a group of slightly-drunk and feisty women in their place.
- Have kleenex available.
- You can never have enough wine.
- If you laugh loud and frequently, people will stare.
- People are surprised when they discover we’re in the HR profession.
Most importantly – I can meet with these women after not seeing them for months and months and it seems like no time has passed at all.