No… I’m not talking about the fact that I love N*SYNC. So there. And I’m not talking about telling pirate jokes to my employees while wearing a bandana and tattoo… I’m talking about those real embarrassing moments that happen to us every once-in-a-while. Or if you’re me, a lot more than that.
I was invited to do a birthday tag on 2peas for Darcy’s birthday. The idea was to tell something embarassing about yourself on the tag. At first I couldn’t think of anything embarrassing about myself. I even asked the husband and he said, “Nothing that outlandish happens to you… you’re pretty silly on your own.” (Meaning: You do things that would embarrass a ‘normal’ person but you don’t think twice about it.)
All of a sudden a flood of memories came at me… it started with this & that’s the memory I used for the tag. Then I remembered:
- Realizing at 3:00pm that I had been wearing mismatched shoes all day to work & no one told me. (hey – they looked pretty darn similar)
- Eating dinner with a bunch of HR folks and yelling out “I swallowed” quite loudly at a moment when it seemed the entire restaurant got quiet. (Boy was my face red… how do you put *that* on a bday tag?) BTW, I said it because I was choking on a piece of tuna and my friend kinda yelled at me to chew it properly. (Get your minds out of the gutters, people!)
- Playing a game of pictionary with that same bunch of HR people & guessing my own clue… and then admitting it out loud to everyone.
- Looking at my friend’s new business card that had a bird on it & asking her if the bird was a falcon. (her last name starts with H-A-W-K. It was NOT a falcon)
- Falling off a car after practice one night in highschool.
- Conducting the marching band at a football game and feeling my skirt blowing up from the wind – trying to conduct the band with one hand while holding down my skirt with the other)
I could go on and on and on… and isn’t it nice to know that I have lots of friends who will happily remind me of many more embarrassing things that I’ve done over the years?
Aren’t I lucky??